Norms, Logics and Information Systems.
New Studies in Deontic Logic and Computer Science
Paul McNamara & Henry Prakken (eds.)
Vol. 49 of Artificial Intelligence and Applications series,
IOS Press, Amsterdam 1998.
Table of contents:
- Introduction. P. McNamara & H. Prakken 1-14
- Deontic logic - as I see it. G.H. von Wright 15-25
- I. Norms and Truth
- On a fundamental problem of deontic logic. D. Makinson 29-53
- Moderately naturalistic deontic logic. J. Hage 55-72
- An update semantics for deontic reasoning. L.W.N. van der Torre & Y.-H Tan 73-90
- II. Agency and Time
- Model preference, contrary-to-duty obligation and defeasible oughts.
P. Bartha 93-108
- Agents with changing and conflicting commitments: a preliminary study.
M.A. Brown 109-125
- On relations between Aqvist's deontic system G and Van Eck's deontic temporal logic.
J. Hansen 127-144
- III. Analysis of Normative Concepts
- Iterated Conditionals and Causal Imputation. C. Pizzi 147-161
- Intermediate concepts as couplings of conceptual structures.
L. Lindahl & J. Odelstad 163-179
- Doing well enough in an Andersonian-Kangerian framework. P.M. McNamara 181-198
- IV. Defeasibility and Norm Conflicts
- Norms, priorities, and defeasibility. D. Nute 201-218
- Some observations on Carlos Alchourron's theory of defeasible conditionals.
V. Becher, E. Ferme, R. Rodriguez, S. Lazzer, C. Oller & G. Palau 219-230
- Dynamic obligation hierarchies. J. Bell & Z. Huang 231-246
- Reasoning about norms provided by conflicting regulations. L. Cholvy & F.
- V. Computer System Applications
- Protocol breaches and violation flaws. C. Krogh & A.J.I. Jones. 265-274
- Formal definitions of fraud. B. Sadighi Firozabadi, Y.-H. Tan & R.M. Lee.
- Normative positions. M.J. Sergot 289-308
- VI. Combinations of Logics
- Dealing with label dependent deontic modalities. D.M. Gabbay & G. Governatori
- Deontic logic with relevance. L. Goble. 331-345
- Contextual deontic logics. J. Krabbendam & J.-J.Ch. Meyer 347-362