Paul Andries Zegeling
Name : Paul Andries Zegeling (Associate Professor)
Dept. : Mathematics
Address : Hans Freudenthal Building (room 513), Budapestlaan 6, De Uithof
Email : P.A.Zegeling AT uu DOT nl
Phone : 030-2533720
My H(irsch)-index = 22 (via google scholar citations) Here you can find an explanation of this number.
My i10-index = 31 (via google scholar citations) Here is an explanation of this number.
==> see also this page.
CWI/Shell project on Adaptive Grids: NWO-STW Project CWI 59.0922 (1987-1992)
Z(egeling)-numbers = 0, 4 AND 6
K(aplan)-number = Z
E(instein)-number = 5
G(auss)-number = 7
N(ewton)-number = oo
My research interests are
- numerical methods for ordinary and partial differential equations in general
- adaptive-grid methods and grid generation techniques
- moving-grid (r-refinement) methods in particular
- reaction-diffusion systems from chemistry, biology, pharmacy, archaeology(!), ...
- PDE models with solitons or (solitary) wave solutions (>= 4th-order spatial derivatives)
- boundary and internal layers, singular perturbations, asymptotics
- travelling wave analysis in time-dependent PDEs
- magneto-hydrodynamics and applications in astrophysics and plasmaphysics
- fractional boundary value- and initial value- problems
- models from hydrology; especially multiple phase flows and dynamic capillary effects
- stability analysis using the Evans function
I AM CO-AUTHOR/EDITOR OF THE BOOK (April 2011):
HET VUUR VAN VVU
Massive Parallel Computing Cluster Project (1996-2000)
Rapid Changes in Complex Flows (2001-2003)
Basic Research in Informatics for Creating the Knowledge Society (2004-2009): BRICKS
NWO-EW (wiskunde-toegepast): PhD-student A. van Dam (2004-2009), Adaptive moving grids for hyperbolic conservation laws
PhD-thesis: Go with the flow, moving meshes and solution monitoring for compressible flow simulation; defense: 1-7-2009.
CSC-UU (three months): PhD-student G. Hu (2008), Simulating finger phenomena in porous media with moving finite elements
NUPUS (2007-2017), Non-linearities and upscaling in porous media: travelling waves and non-monotonicity; non-equilibrium PDEs
Grant via Turkish Government: PhD-student I. Ates (2011-2017)
PhD-thesis: Homotopy-based methods for fractional differential equations; defense: 30-8-2017.
NDNS+ (with Sorin Pop, TUE and Majid Hassanizadeh, UU): Postdoc S. Nemadjieu (2012-2014)
NeqFlow: a mathematical and numerical investigation of nonequilibrium effects in porous media flows
CSC-UU: PhD-student H. Zhou (2013-2017)
PhD-thesis: Numerical approximation of time-fractional differential equations; defense: 16-10-2017.
SFB 1313 Sonderforschungsbereich 1313: Interface-Driven Multi-field Processes in Porous Media -- Flow, Transport and Deformation (2018-now)
Grant via Schlumberger foundation: PhD-student S. Iqbal (2015-2019)
PhD-thesis: Numerical methods for nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems with parameter dependence; defense: 20-1-2020.
CSC-UU: PhD-student H. Zhang (2015-2019)
PhD-thesis: Modeling and simulation of non-monotonic waves in two-phase flow; defense: 17-9-2018.
Het huis-of eigendomsmerk van de familie Zegeling
Number of visitors to this page: 7.692.130.743
Last update of this page : 10/11/12